In its first winter edition, the second round of the #sheisoutdoors gear awards found seven products worth being awarded for their innovative properties and women-specific design for different outdoor uses. A jury of female industry specialists has chosen from 43 products sent in by 22 brands, judging them on functionality, quality, materials, sustainability, innovation, usability, target group and design.
As the Overall Winner, Ortovox’s Diract Voice avalanche transceiver convinced the jury with its user-friendly, intuitive operation, which helps save valuable time in the event of an accident. The innovative, “talking” avalanche transceiver was already able to score the Product of the Year ISPO Award in the Snowsports category at ISPO Munich 2021 Online and was voted Best Product of the Year by the ISPO Open Innovation Community at the same event last year.
Six other products received awards in five additional categories:
- Sustainability Award: W-Everwarm PRK1, a 100 percent circular parka from the German brand Pyua.
- Apparel Gold Winner: Ortovox 3L Deep Shell Bib Pants – with a women-specific fit and easy access bib opening for “bio-breaks”.
- Apparel Winner: Mammut Aenergy In Hybrid Pants Women for their versatility and fit.
- Outdoor Professionals and Expedition Gold Winner: Adidas Terrex Techrock Primeknit Rain.Rdy Pants, described as technical, hard-wearing pants that are still very comfortable.
- Snowsports Gold Winner: Fritschi Xenic 10 binding – a ski touring binding that covers also lighter skiers and is easy to switch from hiking to ski mode.
- Hardware Gold Winner: Norrøna Lofoten 28 backpack – a women’s specific ski touring pack made from recycled polyamide material Econyl.