Milliken & Company, the owner of Polartec, has released its third annual sustainability report, titled “Together for Tomorrow.” The report, which analyzes Milliken’s performance through the lens of its holistic sustainability efforts, highlights progress toward the 2025 sustainability goals the company set for itself in 2018.
As a materials science expert serving the chemical, flooring, textile and healthcare industries, Milliken employees review and report on the company’s progress annually. Their findings inform this report, which the company says was completed following the Global Reporting Initiative framework.
Milliken’s key achievements in 2020 on its planet, product and people goals include:
- Doubling down on the ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equality, and inclusion in the face of social unrest;
- Focusing development and manufacturing process on helping fight Covid-19 by producing medical-grade fabric gowns, face shields and flooring that assists with social distancing efforts;
- Prioritizing associate safety, particularly essential workers, by enhancing the company’s safety-first culture during the pandemic;
- Bolstering the plastics circularity discussion by convening thought leaders with a goal to illuminate workable ecosystem solutions hosted by National Geographic Creative Works;
- Continuing to invest capital to eliminate coal as a primary fuel source, thereby reducing GHG emissions and reduce waste;
- Acquiring Borchers, Milliken’s largest acquisition to date, which will scale the company’s coating additives platform in a way that reduces solvents and environmental impact; and
- Launching the Milliken Leadership Model, which will train associates on growth leadership with purpose.
To visit the interactive hub and view the complete report, click here.