The European Outdoor Conservation Association (Eoca) and its media partners, including The Outdoor Industry Compass, have opened the public vote to decide which conservation projects will be funded this year.
There are three categories - alpine, outdoor and nature – on which the public is asked to vote by March 31 at noon GMT. Described in more detail on Eoca's website, www.outdoorconservation.eu, the projects are:
- the Miaro project in Madagascar, nominated by High Sierra;
- a project to protect parrots in the Caribbean island of Bonaire, nominated by Nikwax Benelux;
- the preservation of 1,300 Caucasian leopards in the Caucasus, proposed by Nikwax;
- the preservation of tigers in Sumatra, as recommended by Marmot;
- Pacsafe's proposal for the preservation of sea turtles in Costa Rica;
- the protection of raptor birds in Georgia, suggested by Vaude
Other projects will be decided by Eoca's members.