The European Outdoor Group (EOG) and the It’s Great Out There Coalition (IGOT) are seeking interest from the outdoor community to be part of an exciting syndicate study focusing on outdoor sports activities across Europe. Two years (and one pandemic) after the last joint research by the EOG and IGOT coalition has revealed the trends and developments of outdoor activities in Europe, a new study is being planned, conducted by Foresight Data and with an in-house head of research from the EOG. The wide-ranging 2022 survey aims to find out:
- Participation levels in outdoor activities like walking, running, hiking, urban, snow, water, cycling and mountain
- Leisure activities such as camping to understand trends in staycation during the pandemic and beyond
- Monitor outdoor activity trends with trend analysis to 2020 findings in the U.K., France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Poland, Sweden and the Czech Republic (new!)
- Tracking behaviors and motivations post-pandemic
- Barriers that prevent people from getting active in the outdoors and opportunities for overcoming those
All data collected will be available for analysis by a range of demographics, including age, gender, income brackets and family structure. Currently, the EOG and IGOT are calling in for companies to sponsor the new study – offering data and metrics in return that are valuable input and base for strategic distribution and product decisions and will also be useable at a wide range of industry events and stakeholder use, including outdoor sports organizations or national governing bodies. Sponsorship for the research starts from €4,000.