Lenzing has announced that its viscose and modal fibers have been granted the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Certified Biobased Product label. Lenzing's lyocell Tencel fiber was certified as 100 percent biobased in 2011, while its FR fiber has been certified as 99 percent biobased, with the remaining 1 percent consisting of the material used to make it fire-resistant. The company said that following the recent USDA certification, all of its standard fibers have now been verified as entirely derived from nature.