Outdoor Retailer (OR) announced the finalists for its fifth annual Outdoor Retailer Innovation Awards. An independent panel of experts evaluated all 132 entries to determine the 30 finalists, which include innovative new outdoor and winter sports products, fabrics and materials, and digital and retail services. All finalists will be displayed in the Innovation Gallery during OR Snow Show, Jan. 10-12, 2023, at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah, and winners will be announced during the awards ceremony on Wednesday, Jan. 11, at the new Hyatt Regency Salt Lake (doors open at 6 p.m. MT).
The finalists are:
- Allied Feather + Down — ExpeDry Ultra Dry Down
- Blueview Footwear — Blueview Pacific
- Born Outdoor — Badger Bed
- Burlington — Natural No Fly Zone
- Cardo Systems — Packtalk Outdoor
- Db — Snow Pro Vest 8L
- Fischer Sports — Fischer Two
- G3 — R3 | Ride. Repeat. Recycle.
- Garmin International, Inc. — Edge 1040 Solar
- Geartrade — Geartrade Consignment Service
- GOES (Global Outdoor Emergency Support) — GOES.health Ap
- Jack Wolfskin — Tapeless Jacket
- Land Energy — Connected Core Battery Power Platform
- Loose Cannon Systems Inc — Milo – The Action Communicator
- Made Apparel — Custom Made-to-Measure Hard Shell Jacket
- Nix Biosensors — Nix Hydration Biosensor
- On — Cloudneo
- Opolis. — StokedSnow Goggles
- OrthoLite — OrthoLite Cirql
- Paka — Pakafill
- PlsReturnMe.com — Open source lost item/person return and authentication IDs
- RightOnTrek, Inc. — Backcountry Meals
- Safeback — Safeback SBX
- Sanuk — Veg Out
- SheFly Apparel — Go Free Legging
- Split Skis Ltd — Split Skis Freetour
- Steeped Coffee — Peak State Guatemala Medium Roast Coffee (Steeped)
- Stoko — K1 Summit
- WNDR Alpine — Intention 108
Returning to host the awards ceremony is designer, photographer and mountaineer L. Renee Blount. Blount works simultaneously in innovation, brand consulting and storytelling, helping to make the outdoors more accessible through joy.
OR Snow Show attendees can learn more about each finalist in the Innovation Gallery. Finalists will be on display in the gallery on the show floor throughout the show, Jan. 10-12, 2023. The Snow Show’s full schedule of education and events is available online and offers a wealth of ideas, inspiration and networking opportunities to support businesses and the industry. The day before the Snow Show, on Monday, Jan. 9, buyers and media can enjoy a day on the snow at The Summit by Outdoor Retailer with professionally put-together winter sports activities and guided courses. In addition, all registered OR attendees will have access to discounted lift tickets for full access to the mountains, and an evening media preview will give journalists early access to the latest trends.
The exhibitor list and floor plan for the Snow Show are online, and sales are already underway for The Summit by Outdoor Retailer and next summer’s Outdoor Adventure X consumer festival.