Edelrid launched a new climbing rope, Swift Protect Pro Dry, at the OutDoor by Ispo show in Munich. According to the company, it is the first climbing rope with integrated cut protection. The Swift Protect Pro Dry climbing robe consists of aramid fibers, which increase the cut resistance of the rope. Edelrid has also developed a testing device, presented at the show, which measures the cut resistance of climbing ropes. The company's sales in the U.S. rose by 20 percent in the first half of 2019, as compared to the first half of the previous year, thanks to its own local sales structure and a distinctive product range that was launched especially for the U.S. three years ago. Sales in Germany account for 40 percent of total sales. Foreign markets represent the balance of 60 percent, with the U.S. being currently the most important market for the company, which took over Red Chili in 2017.